I’ve moved to WordPress: http://bobtisdale.wordpress.com/

Friday, August 8, 2008

My Curse on Data Set Updates

UPDATE - August 10, 2008

Oh sure, make a liar out of me. Within days of posting this, NOAA updated its ERSST.v2 data on NOMADS. The data now runs from January 1854 to June 2008.

ORIGINAL POST

It seems that after I find a unique set of data the monthly updates stop abruptly.

The NCDC had a great land surface temperature, sea surface temperature, and combined land plus sea surface temperature data set that was based on the latest version of the Smith and Reynolds SST analysis, ERSST.v3. Data was presented annually and monthly, in numerous latitude bands.
Data:
ftp://eclipse.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/ersst/pdo
Main Page:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/sst/ersstv3.php

Updates came out almost a week before the standard NCDC data. The updates ended in April, 2008.

AND

The ERSST.v2 data available through NOMADS, upon which I’ve been basing my series of SST posts, had its last update with the May, 2008 data.

Just lucky, I guess.

No comments:

Donations

Tips are now being accepted.

Comment Policy, SST Posts, and Notes

Comments that are political in nature or that have nothing to do with the post will be deleted.
####
The Smith and Reynolds SST Posts DOES NOT LIST ALL SST POSTS. I stopped using ERSST.v2 data for SST when NOAA deleted it from NOMADS early in 2009.

Please use the search feature in the upper left-hand corner of the page for posts on specific subjects.
####
NOTE: I’ve discovered that some of the links to older posts provide blank pages. While it’s possible to access that post by scrolling through the history, that’s time consuming. There’s a quick fix for the problem, so if you run into an absent post, please advise me. Thanks.
####
If you use the graphs, please cite or link to the address of the blog post or this website.